Porter Press International
Aston Martin DB4 G.T. Continuation
Author: James Page
The Aston Martin DB4 G.T. is one of the most beguiling grand tourers of all time, officially unveiled in 1959 and heralding a golden era for GT racing. Driven in period by the likes of Stirling Moss and Jim Clark, it battled, and often beat, the likes of the Ferrari 250 GT and Jaguar E-type.
This superb book, authored by respected writer James Page tells the story of the original cars, with a number of stunning period photographs, but also has an in-depth analysis of the 25 new continuation cars created by Aston Martin. Describing their technical authenticity, using original suppliers wherever possible, and reverse-engineering using period components, this is a tribute, not just to the DB4 G.T. but to the skilled workers who made sure every detail was correct – a legend being reborn and given new life.
- The full story of the Aston Martin DB4 G.T. continuation project, from green light to completed cars.
- Exclusive in-depth interviews with key figures shed light on the fascinating challenges that had to be overcome in order to restart production.
- How the team at Aston Martin Works tackled each section of the car, from the engine and gearbox to its sublime bodywork and the smallest pieces of trim.
- A comprehensive analysis of the DB4 G.T., including its period racing history during the late 1950s and early 1960s.
- The full history of Aston Martin’s famous Newport Pagnell works, from Salmons coachbuilders and Tickford all the way up to the present day.
128 pages in 240 x 280 mm landscape format with 120 images.
Free shipping is applied to orders over £200.
All orders are shipped via DHL Express.
Made to Order products are dispatched within 28 days of purchase.
Pre-Order products are expected to be dispatched within 3-4 weeks from time of purchase.
For more information on shipping, returns and exchanges please click here.