Ferrari 250 GT Short Wheelbase - The autobiography of 2119 GT
Author: Doug Nye
The story of the finest example of a glorious breed of Ferrari, the 250 GT Short Wheelbase.
The 250 GT Short Wheelbase combined a great engine with a fine chassis and a beautiful body to become one of the most revered Ferraris. The subject of this book, 2119 GT, is a very special car because Stirling Moss drove it to a famous victory in the Goodwood Tourist Trophy of 1960. This book provides detailed insight into this race, the competition début of 2119 GT, as well as the seven others in which the car took part in period, all supported by a superb collection of photographs.
The fourth book in the Great Cars Series
• The full story of the 1960 Goodwood Tourist Trophy, which Stirling Moss won by two laps; the great man’s recollections are included.
• The car’s seven other races, which brought five more wins, two for Moss in 1960 (including a trip to the Bahamas) and three for Mike Parkes in 1961.
• The personalities behind the car and the parts they played in its story: Rob Walker, Dick Wilkins, Colonel Ronnie Hoare and Tommy Sopwith.
• The life of 2119 GT after its period competition, including insight from current owner Ross Brawn, who was Ferrari’s technical director in the period when Michael Schumacher became Formula 1 World Champion five times.
• Over 250 period photographs, many previously unpublished in previous Ferrari books, supported by a portfolio of specially commissioned studio photography.
Classic Edition signed by the author, Doug Nye
All orders are shipped via DHL Express.
Made to Order products are dispatched within 28 days of purchase.
Pre-Order products are expected to be dispatched within 3-4 weeks from time of purchase.
For more information on shipping, returns and exchanges please click here.