Porter Press International
Stirling Moss Scrapbook 1929-1954
By Phillip Porter
This fascinating book tells the story of the formative years of one of the greatest racing drivers of all time.
It’s all in this book! Moss’s meteoric rise through the junior ranks with the little F3 500s, the big break with a borrowed XK120, the highs and lows with HWM when he took on the best in their more powerful Ferraris and shook the big names, the great drives and successes with Jaguar in the TT and at Le Mans, missing a Monte Carlo Rally win at the first attempt by mere seconds, the frustrating years when he put patriotism first and soldiered on with inadequate machinery and, finally, 1954 – the year when it all came right on the international stage.
- Beautifully designed and presented large format (350x300mm/12×14″), landscape book.
- 160 pages & over 500 images and photographs.
- Entirely based on Sir Stirling’s own scrapbook collection, written memoirs and personal interviews.
- Unique insights into motor racing in the ’40s and ’50s.
- Packed with stunning period material, most never seen before.
- Relive the races and the wins that created the legend, through Moss’s own eyes.
- Follow Moss as he tackles the world’s most gruelling circuits in iconic racing cars (Jaguars, Maseratis, Coopers, BRMs, HWMs…)
- All the landmark races including Monaco Grand Prix, Le Mans 24-hours, Mille Miglia, Monte Carlo Rally, Sebring 12-hours, German Grand Prix, Goodwood 9-hours, Tourist Trophy…
- Moss myths exploded by new research!
Free shipping is applied to orders over £200.
All orders are shipped via DHL Express.
Made to Order products are dispatched within 28 days of purchase.
Pre-Order products are expected to be dispatched within 3-4 weeks from time of purchase.
For more information on shipping, returns and exchanges please click here.